Wednesday, July 18, 2012

5 Music Artists You Should Listen To

We all have those moments where we want to discover new musicians to listen to because we are tired of listening to the same old stuff. If you have ever been in this situation, then keep reading. I've been listening to alot of new and upcoming artists that are amazing musicians, so I want to share them with you.


1) The first musician is Ingrid Michaelson. She is not exactly a new artist, but not alot of people have heard of her. Her music is Indie-Pop, with upbeat songs that you will fall in love with. Some of her best songs are December Baby, Far Away, Overboard, Starting Now, and The Way I Am.

Music video for "The Way I Am"




2) The next group is Alice In Videoland. They describe their music as a combination of minimal 80's synth pop music with an upbeat electronic body. Their most popular songs are Cut The Crap, Better Off, Lady Killer, She's A Machine, and Got To Go.

Music Video For "Cut the Crap"





3) Emeli Sande is a Scottish soul-pop singer and songwriter. She was discovered in 2010 when she was featured in the song "Diamond Rings". Her music is very powerful and honest. Some of her best songs are Daddy, My Kind of Love, and Heaven.


Music Video For "My Kind Of Love"




4) Alot of people have already heard of the band Walk Off The Earth. They are best known for their cover of Gotye's song Somebody That I Used To Know. They got their start from covering songs on youtube, and being very creative with their instruments. Since then, they have signed with SlapDash records and have gained millions of fans all around the world. 

Music Video For "Little Boxes"




5) My personal favorite group on this list is the band Cimorelli. They are a group of 6 sisters that got their start doing covers on youtube. Growing up in a very musical family, their style is mostly acapella with beautiful harmonies and melodies. Lately, they have released an album, called CimFam E.P.

Video For "I Won't Give Up/When I Look At You"




I hope you have enjoyed reading this post and discovering new artists. If you have any more music suggestions that you would like to see in future posts, name them in the comments section and I will be sure to check them out!


1 comment:

  1. This blog is so nice to me. I will keep on coming here again and again. Visit my link as well.. Lofi Study Beats

    ReplyDelete